The RVC Pitch Academy is a half-day workshop designed to do much more than just polish a founder’s pitch and presentation skills. From delivering a compelling presentation to negotiating a successful deal, this workshop will prepare founders to understand many of the terms and processes used by VCs and sharpen their venture strategy.
Key topics include:
- Preparing a business for a deal
- Designing a deck
- Delivering the pitch
- Communicating the value for venture funding
- Balancing pitching a product vs. pitching a company
- Raising equity vs. convertible debt
- Communicating risks that don’t raise red flags
- Understanding investor psychology
- Following up with interested investors
RVC’s Pitch Academy instructors have years of experience working with angel + venture capital investors; the Pitch Academy content reflects deep and useful insights about investor priorities and interests. Multiple instructors ensure one-on-one engagement, including pitch practice with real-time feedback.
Founders: please bring a five-minute pitch deck and laptop to practice
Note: To pitch to investors at an RVC meeting you must apply to pitch and be accepted by RVC reviewers.