Rockies Venture Club
Denver South EDP Webinar
Power of Angel Investing For Economic Development & Recovery
This webinar covers how communities can mobilize private capital to enhance their economic development toolkit. While engaging private angel investors and venture capital is just one tool in the economic toolbox that communities have at their disposal, it is a powerful long-term strategy for creating high paying primary jobs. Over the last three decades all net new jobs in the U.S. have come from startups, and most net job losses have come from the Fortune 500.
Angel and venture capital are highly misunderstood by many people. This is not "Shark Tank" and angel investing is not as risky as people think. With strong group management and taking advantage of local and federal tax breaks, angels can expect returns of 25% annually or more in a structured portfolio, or micro venture capital fund structure.
We will discuss practical steps for communities to engage angel investors to invest in local new businesses. Topics will include, but are not limited to:
1) Why engage local investors investing in local companies?
2) Principles of angel group dynamics: Size of the group, frequency of meeting, investment structures, and management.
3) Programs for deal flow generation, screening, due diligence
4) Syndication with multiple angels, angel groups and micro VC
5) Local venture capital funds
6) Education Programs - Secrets of Angel Investing
7) Engaging corporate partners - without exits there is no angel investing.
Join us for this free webinar and come ready to ask hard questions about how angel investing works and how it can be an important part of the economic development toolkit.