The RVC Pitch Academy is a half-day workshop designed to polish your investor pitch, sharpen your strategy and provide a background on what investors are looking for, connecting with your audience, and negotiating a successful deal.
Key topics covered include:
- Focus your 5 minute pitch
- How to present
- Effective pitch deck design
- How to pace your presentation
- How to communicate the value of your company in a way that doesn't close doors
- How to communicate your "deal"
- How to balance pitching your product vs. pitching your company
- Understanding investor psychology
- Raising equity vs. convertible debt
- Communicating risks in such a way that investors are put at ease
- What to do to follow-up after the pitch
The RVC Pitch Academy is unique in that it is taught by instructors who work one-on-one with dozens of angel and venture capital investors in order to determine what it is that they want. Graduates of the pitch academy receive funding at over ten times the national rate for those who are seeking venture investment.
This is a required course for any company chosen to pitch at an RVC Monthly Meeting, but is open to the public for those who want to learn more about angel investing, the pitch process and getting their company ready for investors.
All participants are encouraged to bring their pitch deck and laptop and you will get a chance to make your five minute pitch and receive expert feedback and input from your peers.
Note: To pitch to investors at an RVC meeting you must apply to pitch and be accepted by RVC reviewers.