The 1820 Club is a group of women who support economic development in Colorado. The name stems from Susan B. Anthony's year of birth. Women have come a long way in business and political equality. Our group exists to support investment decisions by Colorado women through education and fellowship. This is a complimentary, no cost introductory event!
Thursday October 11th, 6:00-8:00pm
First Western Trust
1200 17th St. Suite 2650
Denver, CO 80202
We bring together all the right people to support Colorado companies. If you are a woman interested in supporting economic development, please register for this free event. Investors and entrepreneurs are welcome to attend. Please invite any of your female friends who might be interested in joining our women only investor group.
Our vision is that we are creating a community of women investors who will work together to foster Colorado's economy by investing in the most promising companies. The group will determine its investment objectives whether that includes women owned businesses, social/environmental enterprises, or just the most promising high growth companies that Colorado has to offer.
This event will give you a chance to meet other women investors and to learn about what the RVC 1820 Club has to offer. The main benefits include:
1) Education: learn what makes a great investment vs. a dud.
2) How to value a company: what factors lead to determining the value of early stage companies? How much equity should you seek for your investments?
3) How to syndicate with other investors.
4) What makes a successful angel portfolio?
5) What should I look for in the due diligence process?
6) What are the legal issues with angel investing?
7) What can an organized angel group do for me?
8) What kind of deal-flow can I expect from Rockies Venture Club?
9) Do I have to invest or can I just watch and learn? (answer: yes, you can just watch. Our model is that each person decides if and when they will invest. Watchers are welcome!)
10) How do I get started investing?
For more information, please contact Peter Adams (Executive Director RVC) firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicole Gravagna (Director of Operations RVC) email@example.com