Agile 101: A Primer for Outstanding Returns
For Angel Investors & Entrepreneurs
Wednesday April 14, 2021 | 9am - 1pm MT
Click Here to Register
- Normal Price = $250/participant
- RVC Network Price = $225 /participant
Register Here: Learn More About the Course and Register (enter code "rvc-only" to receive the RVC network discount)
This course provides a robust foundation in core agile principles and illustrates how to apply them to generate outstanding company returns.
There are many reasons companies don’t achieve their desired outcomes including:
- Failing to allocate resources in an economically sensible way
- Assuming product-market fit without validating true customer needs and wants
- Scaling up without evidence that their business ideas/models are valid
- Prolonging product/service development times leading to delayed market entry
- Working on too many things at the same time by not balancing work in process with available capacity
In this course we show how to apply an agile mindset to avoid these types of failures by:
- Being data influenced and experiment driven
- Taking an iterative approach
- Being customer obsessed
- Having an entrepreneur’s sense of urgency for creative problem solving
- Knowing your resource constraints and obeying them
- Being skeptical of the status quo
This is not a course that focuses on the mechanics of using agile methods such as Scrum or Kanban (although both are briefly discussed). Rather, this course focuses on the foundational “why” that underlies all popular agile approaches. You’ll finish the course thinking like an agilist, better able to deal with the extreme uncertainty that comes with creating a business that develops and delivers products and services that delight customers.
This course is intended for startup entrepreneurs and their investors, corporate intrapreneurs / corporate innovators and their company leadership, as well as hands-on practitioners within their organizations that are involved in achieving outstanding returns. The material is appropriate for startups and established companies in all industries, not just software development.
There are no prerequisites for this class.
This course will be taught by Ken Rubin, the author of the Amazon #1 best-selling book Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process, which has been translated into 10 languages. As an agile thought leader, Ken founded Innolution where he helps organizations thrive through the application of agile principles in an effective and economically sensible way. Ken has trained over 30,000 people and coached over 200 companies ranging from startups to Fortune 10. He has worked as an executive at IBM as well as nine startup companies, taking two of them public on NASDAQ. He is also an angel investor and mentor to numerous exciting startups.
Ken is known for his effective engaging classroom discussions. Some of you may already know Ken or his partner Jenine. They have been affiliated with RVC for several years!
RVC is always looking for opportunities to bolster its members' success, so we worked with Ken to secure a special RVC-only discounted rate if you or your entrepreneurs would like to attend Ken’s class.
If you have any questions about the course, you reach out to Ken’s organization at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
Click Here to Register