ACS 2019 Presenter Pitch Academy
This is a special version of Pitch Academy just for Angel Capital Summit 2019 presenters and their pitch mentors. A registration code is required to attend this workshop, which should have been provided to you. If it has not or if you've misplaced it, please contact:
-Pitch Mentors - Contact Kevin Kudra at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Presenters - Contact Dave Harris at email@example.com
This special offering of the RVC Pitch Academy will be a 2-hour workshop designed to polish your investor pitch, sharpen your strategy and provide a background on what investors are looking for, connecting with your audience, and negotiating a successful deal. We'll also be covering specific elements of ACS 2019 and answering any questions you have about how the conference will run and what the next steps will be.
Key topics covered include:
- Focus your 5 minute pitch
- How to present
- Effective pitch deck design
- How to pace your presentation
- How to communicate the value of your company in a way that doesn't close doors
- How to communicate your "deal"
- How to balance pitching your product vs. pitching your company
- Understanding investor psychology
- Raising equity vs. convertible debt
- Communicating risks in such a way that investors are put at ease
- What to do to follow-up after the pitch
The RVC Pitch Academy is unique in that it is taught by instructors who work one-on-one with dozens of angel and venture capital investors in order to determine what it is that they want. Graduates of the pitch academy receive funding at over ten times the national rate for those who are seeking venture investment.
This is a required course for any company chosen to pitch at ACS 2019.
RVC offers a public Pitch Academy every month, with the next one slated for Friday, April 5th.