FREE TO RVC ACTIVE INVESTOR MEMBERS
Thursday, February 6 | 9 am - 5 pm
Angel Investing 201
Intermediate Course on Angel Investing
How does someone learn how to be a successful Angel Investor?
Participate in the RVC Angel Accelerator and learn how to be a smart Angel. New Angels who don’t take this workshop often spend years and $250,000 or more learning how to do Angel investing. Receive a great return on investment, avoid taxation, learn about leading-edge innovation and meet interesting people!
The Angel Accelerator Full Day Bootcamp helps Angel Investors learn with a combination of hands-on exercises, experienced angel investor mentors, and solid content + tools that you'll need for successful Angel Investing. Angel 101 is useful to have taken before this class, but it is not a prerequisite; this series does not necessarily need to be taken in order.
Topics Covered Include:
- How to Analyze a Proforma Financial Statement and determine whether it is "believable" or not
- Capitalization tables demystified: how to understand them and work out waterfall distributions
- Finance Strategy: find out if you're going to get diluted out of a profit, or if future raises will give you a smaller piece of a bigger pie and great returns.
- Term Sheets and Negotiation: how are Angel Deals negotiated? What are the key terms? What are the benefits of equity vs. convertible debt, or even SAFEs?
- Lead Investors: what are the key functions that the Lead Investor plays and what do you have to know before you jump into this role?
- Board of Directors Angel Responsibilities: how lead investors guide successful angel investments and enhance angel returns through post-investment management
This is a full-day workshop, and you'll be engaged in interesting content and hands-on learning the whole time!
Registrants receive the full day workshop, a tool-kit full of angel investing resources, and one full year of ACTIVE INVESTOR MEMBERSHIP in Rockies Venture Club, Colorado's leading angel investment group with free access to angel forums across the state, monthly pitch events and conferences!